Hours of work: 35 hours
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 1 Year
Closing date: Noon Friday 29 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Hailsham Community College Academy Trust
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We require a Teaching Assistant to work with small groups of students of all year groups in need of extra support in English. The successful applicant will withdraw students from lessons to provide bespoke support. Confidence in English is essential; Higher Level Teaching Assistant status is desirable.
- Be committed to consistency, aspiration and standards
- Have relevant knowledge and skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with young people.
- Work with tenacity and enthusiasm
We can offer:
- A school committed to consistency and sustained improvement
- A hardworking and dedicated team
- A friendly and supportive atmosphere
- A supportive Leadership Team
- Cycle to work Scheme
- The opportunity to join our Corporate Membership to Benenden Health Care, where the Academy pays for half the membership. The membership to the scheme will allow each participating member to request a wide range of discretionary health care services.
- The opportunity to pay into the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most generous pension schemes in the UK. The LGPS is a salary-related, defined benefit scheme which provides you with a secure future income, independent of share prices and stock market fluctuations.
To apply, please download the relevant application form from our website above, completed applications can be e-emailed to Job.firstname.lastname@example.org
Actual starting salary £15,378 per annum
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for this Academy. We are also required by law to ensure that any prospective employee is legally entitled to live and work in the UK. You will be required to provide documentation as evidence. Other conditions of employment may apply. We are committed to equality of opportunity and positively welcome applications form all sections of the community.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.