An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Social Services Directorate for a caring, and compassionate individual to start a new career within the Health and Social sector with 5 Care Assistant Apprenticeships. A busy, yet rewarding role; you will work across a range of service areas to gain an extensive experience of the sector, whilst undertaking an NVQ Health and Social Care Level 2 qualification, equipping you with all the knowledge and experience you need to start your career in Health and Social Care. You will work alongside our experienced staff to deliver frontline services, which support the independence of the person, support and maintain safety in the environment, and enable people to achieve their full potential in living independently.
We are looking for someone who is interested in a rewarding career, where no two days are the same, who can add real value and difference to other people’s lives.
This role will work across our services to help support our staff to deliver front line services which support the independence of the person, support and maintain safety in the environment, and enable people to achieve their full potential in living independently. We are looking for someone interested in a rewarding career, who can add value to other people’s lives.
Principal Job Purpose
- You will work with our staff to support service users and carry out personal care tasks, as specified in the care plan.
- You will work to support and enhance the independence of the Service User, demonstrating respect, dignity and value.
- You will remain vigilant for signs of distress or anxiety, any deterioration in physical and/or mental health and report these.
- You will learn about how our services are run and contribute to making sure they go to plan and what to do if they don’t.
- You will share best practice with your peers to suggest ways of providing best practice support.
- Attend to personal tasks, such as supporting Service Users in/out of bed, eating, drinking, dressing etc.
- Support with domestic tasks such as maintaining the cleanliness of their homes, preparing meals etc.
- Actively encourage Service Users, dependent on capabilities to participate in Social Activities.
- Assist management to maintain good relationships with those involved as part of the care package.
- Work in line with the Service Users Care Package, and domiciliary standards specified by Social Care Wales.
- We provide support to our services users 24/7, and our staff work a shift pattern.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Live within Blaenau Gwent, or ability to travel independently to work locations.
Hours of Work
- 30 Hours, shift pattern will be over a 7 day period.
- Based across Blaenau Gwent.
- Apprenticeship duration is for 2 years.
For further information Tel: 01495 355508
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 22/10/2021 – 12:00am, midnight
Interview Date: To be confirmed
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.