Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) we have an opportunity for Finance Assistants to join our Social Care Service Finance Team. These posts will join a busy and varied team, with opportunities to develop your skills in supporting services for customers in receipt of social care support.
For more information about Finance at West Sussex, please visited our Finance page and learn more!
About The Job
Salary: £20,092 - £20,493
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: The Grange, Chichester
Interview Date: w/c 25th October 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as a Finance Assistant to provide a range of support services for customers in receipt of social care support.
You will be involved in setting up services on the council's core system (Mosaic) and will work together with team colleagues to provide an effective, customer focussed service.
You will have direct contact with social care customers, their representative and other professionals involved in the delivery of social care services .The support provided to customers will include explanations of funding arrangements for social care services.
You will have excellent communications skills and the ability to use your own initiative where appropriate and will have compassion and empathy to support your peers and individuals in your team.
Experience and Skills
- Good literacy and analytical skills to understand and interpret complex written information (including specialist policies, and legislation) and to develop practical, effective approached and solutions for clients.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills to persuade, advise and explain technical information effectively to clients and members of the public. Including guiding clients to understand technical information, influencing clients to make service effective decisions, and working effectively with the public dealing with complaints or advising on contentious issues.
- Good numeracy skills to interpret and advise on complex data and financial information and work with an understanding of finance and budgets.
- Ability to make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions, which will have a wider service impact including the ability to provide specialist guidance and resolve technical issues within the specialism.
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Good working knowledge of the systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a financial administrative service. desirable
- Significant previous experience of working in a customer-orientated environment, social services department or similar organisation.
- Previous experience of delivering an office-based administrative support service.
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to the following benefits:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Generous Pension Scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00504.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Karen Ballantyne - Senior Finance Team Manager at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!