An exciting opportunity has arisen within Organisational Development for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join a busy HR Team, your day-to-day activities will vary, combining employee relations support to the Business Partners, assisting with case management and providing an advisory and interpretation service to managers and employees on a wide range of employment related issues.
The Council operates an agile working policy, this role is designated Agile Worker – home based and will offer the successful candidate the benefits to improve work life balance, increase wellbeing, health and happiness through a better sense of control.
Supporting managers with the delivery of an efficient and effective recruitment and selection service you will be responsible for Job evaluation processes, pre-employment checks and eligibility of DBS checks. You will also assist in the development and implementation of key projects and will contribute to the design and delivery of manager briefing sessions.
Suitable for a newly qualified individual this role provides the opportunity for you to gain experience and personally develop alongside a skilled team of HR professionals in a busy, friendly HR Team. You will have the flexibility to use your initiative and creativity to work on solutions to improve processes and create meaningful relationships with internal stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this role include:
- Good knowledge of employment law and HR practice
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels both written and orally
- Strong administration skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of working in HR, administering technical HR practices and procedures
- Possess a Level 3 qualification in HR or equivalent with a willingness to develop
- Possess or studying towards Level 5/7 of the CIPD qualification would be desirable
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
If you think you have the skills, knowledge and experience to make an immediate and positive contribution to our team then we would be interested in hearing from you. If you wish to discuss the role further please contact Ceri Gay, Senior HR Business Partner on 01495 356087.
Closing Date: 14/10/2021 – 12:00am, midnight
Interview Date: 21/10/2021