Green Spaces Officer (Ref: B255)
Salary: Up to £25,000 p.a.
Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s front line services and more. In this varied role, you will:
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the parks and green spaces, play areas and in particular volunteering
- Lead the development of community friends groups including their management, training, practical work programs, health and safety and safe working procedures
- Contribute to the preparation of management plans/green flag applications and implement landscape and horticultural projects
- Assist in the identification and application of external funding bids
- Undertake regular play area, footpath inspections
- Deal with enquiries and complaints from the public.
Applicants should ideally have a ND/RHS Certificate or City & Guilds qualification in amenity horticulture. They must be computer literate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A full, valid driving license is essential.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
BEST is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. BEST expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
- NEST Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 24 October 2021 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com