Job Title: Deputy Manager
Salary: £32,234 pa – £34,728 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Orchard House is supported living services within the Letchworth. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and committed individual to join our management team. In this role you will be working in a highly supportive team, in which your motivation and strategic planning ability will help the service to develop and maintain a high level of service provision.
About the job:
- Developing and empowering staff that support adults with learning disabilities of which some will have physical disabilities and some with a mental health need, who may have complex support needs.
- You will monitor staff performance, provide support, recognise talent and implement appropriate individual career and development plans.
- Responsible for the planning and supervising the day-to-day duties within different settings, supporting the manager in their responsibilities and stepping up to cover in their absence.
- Problem solving initiative and strong interpersonal skills are essential, as presenting clear direction and feedback to staff is a vital feature of this role.
- Previous management experience in a caring environment would be beneficial.
- Able to work within a dynamic creative service, with an RQF (Formerly QCF) Level 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Being flexible is essential; the ability to work shifts, including weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties as required.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to develop effective and trusting working relationships across your team.
- Evidence of strong communication, negotiation skills and good computer literacy, with the ability to use your initiative and creative thinking.
- Someone who is interested in developing their skills and the skills of a dedicated staff team.
- As the role requires travel from service to service having a full licence and access to a car is desirable.
Candidates will need to have their NVQ 4 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
Closing Date: 20th October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Aisha Centala on 01462 673763 or Rebecca Wells on 01442 232774/01442 266805
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.