Waste Management Officer (B109)
Salary £27,801.80 pa
Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s front line services, plus many other activities.
At BEST, we have a career development opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed individual who is passionate about the environment to join the Waste Management team and in delivering and developing the waste management and recycling services. In this role, you will be
- Developing service policy and associated communications in line with legislation
- Liaising with the Council’s planning team regarding new developments
- Working on projects to deliver change and improve service performance
- Developing a communications plan aimed at raising awareness and participation in recycling
- Maintaining the round data management system
- Monitoring performance and stock control systems
You will ideally have a relevant degree or several years’ experience in waste management with well-developed research skills; you will be able to disseminate new information and legislation and explain it in simple terms to a wide audience. Your written and verbal communication and IT skills will be excellent and you must be able to produce accurate high quality work.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lisa Carroll on 01992 785555 or by email on lisa.carroll@Bestbob.co.uk
BEST is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. BEST expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
- NEST Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 17 October 2021 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com