Waste Management Supervisor
Starting salary £28,308.80 pa (Ref: B147)
plus £3,000pa retention bonus (for LGV License holders)
If you want:
- A regular income with annual pay reviews
- To provide an essential service the local community
- A Nest Pension Scheme membership
- A full training and development programme
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
- Smart uniform
If the answer is YES, then you should join the service team at BEST, a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s domestic and commercial refuse and recycling collections. In this role, you will:
- Work with an enthusiastic, hardworking Waste Management team delivering the waste and recycling service
- Promote and monitor the use of in-cab technology (full training will be provided)
- Train front line staff in accordance with BEST policies
- Have a full, clean, LGV Class 2 driving license
- Have relevant supervisory experience and the ability to motivate and lead the front line staff successfully
- Be committed to delivering an efficient refuse and recycling service and improving it for the future
- Be prepared to work outside in all weathers
- Have good communication and customer care skills
- Be IT literate
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information and advice in fluently spoken English is essential in this post. Knowledge of Word and Excel packages would be an advantage.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 17 October 2021 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org