Peterborough is one of the UK’s fastest growing and successful New Towns. It has seen rapid growth in its population, which is young, diverse and multicultural. Alongside this growth in population, the local economy is buoyant, attracting new businesses and investors. The Council is supporting this economic success with a ‘Regeneration and Growth Strategy’, which outlines investment of £600m across eight key development sites
Despite Peterborough's success, the Council is operating within a challenging financial position. Strong financial management has never been more important, to underpinning the Councils finances and supporting the delivery of a sustainable financial strategy. Are you an experienced and inspirational finance professional, with a passion for providing financial solutions and rising to a challenge?
We are looking to recruit to 2 full-time (37 hours) permanent positions and a full-time temporary position for 9 months, to support with the implementation of IFRS 16. All positions will form part of the Council’s Corporate Finance Team.
Successful applicants will:
- be highly motivated and an effective self-starter.
- be innovative and proactive in making improvements and implementing changes.
- have strong Excel skills together with the ability to navigate accounting systems and ICT applications.
- have the ability to solve complex problems, and an analytical nature which contributes to the delivery of a high-quality technical service.
- be a confident communicator, who is able to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- have a flexible approach and the ability to plan and prioritise competing workload demands to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ideally have an understanding and knowledge of Local Government finance.
Ideally you will be part CCAB qualified, AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
The Council offers generous leave allowances, excellent pension provision, and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment. The roles will benefit from flexible working arrangements but would primarily involve working from home.
Interview date: from 20th October 2021
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Closing date: 14 October 2021.