Join our Board of Governors and help transform lives through education and learning
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools comprises of three non-selective, state maintained schools, each located in the Borough of Lewisham. The Federation has a single Governing Board responsible for Prendergast School (11-18), Prendergast Vale (3-16) and Prendergast Ladywell (4-16) which collectively educate over 2750 children. The aim of the Federation is to provide an excellent education for children from the local community in a safe, inclusive and supportive learning environment. We have a vacancy for one co-opted Governor on our Board and are seeking applications from people residing in our local community who have a keen interest in the Federation.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the Federation’s aims, share its ethos and are willing to dedicate the time to be a critical friend who can help us achieve our goals. Modern governance is demanding and requires not only the highest levels of professional and personal integrity but also time to undertake continuous training and contribute to the work of the Board, its Committees and Link Governor roles.
We seek individuals who have an awareness of standards in public life, a determination to abide by them and the integrity to participate in collective decision-making in the best interests of the Federation.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- An active interest in primary and / or secondary education
- A commitment to delivering academic excellence through innovation
- An ability to work positively in a team and debate issues in a constructive manner
- A commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- The capacity to shape, implement and monitor policy
- A capacity to play an active part in the work of the Governing Board, including attending meetings both within and outside of school hours.
Skill areas and experience that would be of particular interest are:
- Law (education, employment, H&S, procurement, public sector)
- Health and safety
- Information technology
Interviews: w/c 1 November 2021
We welcome applicants who will make our Governing Board more representative of our community, particularly those from the black and mixed race communities.
Applicants will undergo an initial screening process and a shortlist of candidates will be invited for interview by a panel comprising of the two Co-chairs and Executive Headteacher.