Salary: £15,056 to £15,665 Per Year
Required: January 2022
34.5 hours per week (8am to 4pm each day with 3.30 finish on Friday) - Term time only
We have a vacancy for maternity cover for our Early Years setting. We are looking for a Level 2 qualified Early Years practitioner to start in January 2022.
We are able to offer:
- A school team who have kind and supportive relationships and genuinely care about each other
- Happy and enthusiastic children from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities
- A well-resourced classroom with daily opportunities for outdoor learning in our wonderful grounds
- Supportive governors and parents who are enthusiastic about the school
- The opportunity to work in a very effective school in which OFSTED describe teaching as ‘good… with much that is outstanding’
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to work as a team with the Early Years teacher and practitioners, to ensure safe and effective provision at all times
- Act as a Key Person, taking responsibility for the nurture and learning of a group of children
- Be patient, calm and have a positive approach at all times when interacting with the children
- Have a proven track record of working within an Early Years setting with an understanding of the importance of learning through play
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and imaginative
- Hard working, self-reflective and passionate about creating opportunities for children to flourish
We welcome enquiries and would love to meet you for a chat and a tour of the school. Please call the office to arrange.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be sought for the successful candidate.
Application forms can be obtained from the school website https://www.englishmartyrs.reading.sch.uk or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5466.
Closing date - Applications considered upon receipt and interviews arranged accordingly.
Interviews - TBC
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.