We have the following vacancies for January 2022
- KS1 Class Teacher – perm contract
- KS1/EYFS Class Teacher – maternity cover
We are an inclusive and welcoming school set in lovely wooded grounds on the western side of Reading.
We currently have 435 children on roll, with two classes per year group as well as a nursery class.
OFSTED told us in July 2019 that we are a good school with “a passion and a determination to provide the best possible education for the children in your care”. They also said that “pupils love their welcoming school and say that it is easy to make friends at English Martyrs. They say that they feel safe in school and know who to talk to if they have any worries.”
Would you like to become part of our nurturing and supportive school community?
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- A caring, inspirational, dedicated and effective classroom practitioner
- Hardworking, enthusiastic, imaginative and able to work as part of a team
- Committed to helping us give our children the best possible education
- Supportive of a Catholic vision of education
- Able to laugh at life’s ups and downs
In return, we can offer you:
- A school community who have kind, supportive relationships and genuinely care about each other
- A community with a strong Catholic ethos which welcomes everyone as equal
- Happy, well-behaved and well-mannered children from a wide range of backgrounds and ethnicities
- Supportive governors and parents who are enthusiastic about the school
- Opportunities for continued professional development
We welcome enquiries and would love to meet you for a chat and a tour of the school. Please call the office to arrange.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be sought for the successful candidate.
Application forms can be obtained from the school website https://www.englishmartyrs.reading.sch.uk or by email email@example.com or call 0118 937 5466.
Closing date 18th October 2021
Interviews 21st October 2021
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.