If you’re looking for your next challenge and exciting career opportunity in Adult Social Care, look no further than West Berkshire Council. We are seeking a strong, experienced leader to join our team as a Service Manager.
About The Job
As a Service Manager, you will need to be a proven leader and a champion of innovation, creativity and trust. You will play an essential role as part of the Adult Social Care Senior Management Team in delivering against all relevant strategic priorities for the communities that we serve across West Berkshire.
Reporting to the Service Lead for Adult Social Care, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Management of Continuing Health Care lead officer
- Representing the council at CHC Panels/ Independent Review Panels (IRPs)
- Management of Technology Enabled Care (TEC) officer/s
- Reviewing submissions to the Good Practice Forum (requests for funding for long-term services)
- Reviewing urgent requests for funding (Emergency Provision Requests)
- Reviewing paperwork under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) scheme
- Undertaking project work to support Integration with Health
- To support the staff group in preparation for CQC Inspections
- To lead on work with the Emergency Duty Service on behalf of ASC
- To provide leadership on relevant casework, including safeguarding
Having significant and successful Adult Social Care expertise and experience at a senior management level is essential to delivering this role, particularly with sound knowledge and understanding of the workings of Adult Social Care.
You must be educated to degree level with a relevant Adult Social Care Professional qualification and a management qualification or a willingness to work towards one. Experience of managing significant and successful organisational change is essential as well as financial and budgetary management.
It is vital that you are an effective and motivational leader with the ability to facilitate change and drive continuous improvement through project management and performance review.
Joining West Berkshire Council, you’ll be part of a supportive team with a strong set of values. We work with integrity and openness; with everything we do centred on the people in our community.
We care and invest a lot in our staff, aiming to grow you as an individual so you can stay with us for a long time. Access to leadership and management courses are just some of the possibilities for your continued development.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 29 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days.
While the initial on-boarding will entail coming into the council offices in Newbury, this role is highly flexible with the opportunity for regular remote working.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Jo England (Service Lead) on 01635 519006.