Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Location: Apsley, Hemel Hempstead
Salary Range: H8 – M1 £27,741 - £39,880 (dependent on experience and qualifications) plus £6,000 relocation package, £1000 welcome payment & lease car* terms apply
Hours: 37 hours per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Herts Valleys Integrated Discharge Team
Post Hospital Review Team
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist to work within our Post Hospital Review Team.
What does the role involve?
The service supports an integrated approach to managing the care of people who require support through transitional discharge pathways, so the role will involve working alongside Therapists, Social workers Community Care Officers, health colleagues and care providers. The nature of this role will be instrumental within the Discharge to Assess model
We promote personalisation focusing on the wellbeing of the individual. Through care planning we strive for increased independence, choice and control by enabling people to direct their own support.
What is required?
• You will be a Qualified OT registered with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• You will need to have knowledge and experience of relevant legislation.
• You should be able to demonstrate a commitment to supporting people with the right care and information at the right time to help prevent future need, enable independence and promote positive wellbeing that will empower people to live the lives they want to within our Connected Lives Framework (Your connected life | Hertfordshire County Council).
• Occupational Therapists will endorse and act in accordance with the principles of personalisation, ensuring that care and support are person-centred and as far as possible put the people with whom they work in control of their lives.
• In doing so they will carry out assessments of need, plan and deliver services and review outcomes with the individual, their personal networks and support providers within a focus of ‘Home First’.
• Our Occupational Therapist will ensure their practice is responsive, inclusive and community based with a clear focus on outcomes.
• Provides professional expertise in situations which are complex or ambiguous. Uses analytical skills to inform assessment, decision making and intervention.
• Completes support planning with service users to ensure that outcomes identified at assessment are met through the provision of support, equipment, adaptations and enabling programmes.
• Makes proportionate, professional judgements applying necessary OT process and expertise.
• Assesses the environment in relation to participation in meaningful activity, providing information and advice to individuals, carers and family members. Focusing particularly on environment adaptation, sourcing daily living equipment and assistive technology
• Effectively assesses and manages risk, knowing how to intervene proportionately and ensuring people are protected from harm, while protecting human rights.
If you would like further information, please contact Wendy Hull (firstname.lastname@example.org) Team Manager on 01442 453665
Closing date: Sunday 24th October
Interview date: To be confirmed
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
Important Note re Interviews: Where we are able to, and in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines in regard to social distancing, all interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, should you be shortlisted for an interview.
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
Hard to Fill Roles
Overseas Applications: We will accept applications from all applicants from outside, as well as from within the UK. Sponsorship opportunities may be available
Covid-19 vaccination requirements: The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations from 11th November 2021 means people working in or professionally visiting CQC-registered care homes will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated unless they have a medical exemption. You will be legally required to show proof of full covid-19 vaccination or medical exemption.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.