Job Title: Senior Data Project Manager / Transport Planner
Location: Flexible working arrangements; some time based at County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £35,745 to £43,857pa
Hours: 37 hours per week
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SHAPING THE FUTURE OF HERTFORDSHIRE?
Hertfordshire has a population of over one million, directly borders one of the biggest cities in the world, has the fifth highest car ownership in the country and has a congestion problem which costs the UK economy over £0.4bn per annum.
Our Local Transport Plan 4 (LTP) has recently been adopted. The core feature of the plan is to do more to improve conditions for sustainable modes such as walking, cycling and passenger transport and prioritise these above car users and ensure residents lead fitter healthier lives with improved air quality and wellbeing. This is particularly important in light of the COVID pandemic and the challenges this has brought.
Transport Planners assist in the management of Hertfordshire’s transport network and in conjunction with the LTP objectives, help make the network run efficiently, whilst promoting safer, healthier and more sustainable methods of travelling.
Specialising in data you’ll manage, deliver, implement, and present the outcomes of a range of transport planning data projects. You’ll also take an active role in collaborating with other teams across the council and promote a monitoring and evaluation ethos. Furthermore, you will support colleagues with bidding and funding applications and look to drive the highways service forward by promoting and making use of new analytical methods and technologies.
What you’ll bring:
- Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Geography, Project Management, Statistics, Data Science, GIS, Transport Planning) or equivalent relevant experience (min 2 years)
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues, teams, and stakeholders
- Data / project management / transport planning experience, including demonstrating a data-led approach to decision making
- Understands how to apply a project management approach to working and can work simultaneously on several projects
- Highly organised and able to manage data projects in a clear and detailed manner.
- Demonstrates an inquisitive and proactive approach, challenging projects and identifying efficiencies
- Good analytical skills with experience of working with data to help solve problems.
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to produce visual outputs to stakeholders to help understand complex data
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to produce clear reports and strategy documents.
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal, demonstrating an ability to present thoughts and ideas to a variety of audiences
- Desire to reduce carbon emissions and improve health and well-being in Hertfordshire through data-driven transport planning
- Proactive and inquisitive nature with an eagerness towards problem solving
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. To respond to these growth challenges and achieve our strategic objectives we’ve created a new Growth and Infrastructure Unit, responsible for our interests in growth areas, economic development and strategic infrastructure. Join this proactive, flexible, ambitious team, and you’ll take on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you’re ready for new challenges in a varied and rewarding role, with an organisation that values you as an individual, then apply now.
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
Interview Date: 19th November 2021
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Gary Beaumont (01992 588614 / Gary.Beaumont@hertfordshire.gov.uk)
Benefits of Working for HCC:
Along with excellent career development opportunities - including eligibility for Environment Career Progression scheme - you’ll benefit from:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Discounts on everyday shopping, holidays, entertainment and leisure, along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme.
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.