Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are looking to appoint an Anatomical Pathology Technologist on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The post holder will be required to provide general mortuary services on behalf of the coroner and related support to the Senior Technician and Mortuary Manager.
You will work under the direction of the Designated Individual as Designated Person in accordance with Section 18 of the Human Tissue Act 2004 to ensure total compliance with the act.
You will prepare the deceased for post-mortem examination and provide technical support service to the Pathologists.
You will also be responsible for the provision of a dignified service to the bereaved.
Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Certificate of Anatomical Pathology Technology
A good standard of English, Mathematics and Science
To be able to lift weights up to 15kg
To be able to enter onto a standby rota and work occasional evenings and weekends when required
Equivalent to experience of working full time as an APT (including training)
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.