Fixed term until 31 March 2022
We are a politically led, cross-party organisation that works on behalf of councils to ensure local government has a strong, credible voice with national government. We aim to influence and set the political agenda on the issues that matter to councils, so they are able to deliver local solutions to national problems.
To find out more information about what it’s like to work at the LGA, please visit http://www.local.gov.uk/benefits-and-working-lga and for information on Equality and Diversity at the LGA, please visit https://www.local.gov.uk/equality-and-diversity-lga
We are looking for a Digital, Campaigns and Marketing Adviser to help us achieve this. If you are a driven, talented communicator that has experience in developing eye catching digital and marketing material, and are passionate about delivering for local government and communities, this could be the role for you. Could you make a difference? Find out more and apply at our website.
Based in our communications directorate, you will work with skilled teams to deliver some of our national campaigns.
The Digital, Campaigns and Marketing Team has a proven track record of delivering exciting and influential wide-reaching campaigns and, as the main representatives of local government across the country, there has never been a more exciting time to work for the LGA.
As a membership organisation, the LGA supports and represents almost 400 councils across England and Wales on the issues that matter most to them and to their communities.
Your day-to-day role will include:
• Supporting the delivery of campaigns and marketing programme linked to the LGA’s organisational priorities.
• Working with the Marketing Content Manager to deliver the LGA’s external campaign and marketing plans, incorporating digital communications where relevant, and ensuring councils are well informed about the work of the organisation.
• Maintaining and developing the LGA brand in order to help maximise our reputation.
• Ensuring the delivery and production of campaign and marketing materials for a range of communications channels.
• Working with internal and external designers to commission exciting and dynamic campaign content.
• Working with the digital team to use new technologies, techniques and creative thinking to ensure that LGA campaigns are supported by innovative ways of engaging with members, stakeholders and other key influencers.
• Working with Marketing Content Manager and Membership Engagement Adviser to evaluate campaigns and ensure the delivery of LGA corporate objectives. Work with Media, Digital, Public Affairs and other teams in communications to deliver integrated campaigns to influence, Westminster, Whitehall and beyond.
• Helping to increase traffic to the website and other social media platforms, driving up the number of website visitors and social media engagement.
As we encourage flexible working at the LGA, we are happy to discuss the option of a home-based contract. The salary for a home-based worker is from £34,728 pa or office-based from £38,440 pa (including London Weighting). The office-based working will be in line with our transitional flexible working policy as we begin to go back into the office again following COVID-19..
You should have strong personal and organisational skills, an ability to build relationships in a complex political environment, an understanding of the main issues facing local government and a passion for delivering the best possible service internally and to our member authorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with experience of creating and executing campaigns to bring fresh ideas to a number of national projects in a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please complete the online form and an expression of interest detailing how you meet the criteria, on no more than two sides of A4.
Closing Date: 5pm, Tuesday 5 October 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 13 October 2021
As a Disability Confident Leader, the LGA values diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community
To find out more information about LGA benefits, please visit http://www.local.gov.uk/benefits-and-working-lga and for information on Equality and Diversity at the LGA, please visit https://www.local.gov.uk/equality-and-diversity-lga