Everybody has the right to live a life free of crime and disorder. Help keep our communities safe so that people thrive.
We’re proud of how safe Bracknell Forest is. Our low levels of crime. How hard we work with our partners to reduce levels even further. How important feeling safe is to being happy and having a great quality of life.
But we’re always looking to do more. Which is why we put the community at the centre of our work and also give our people the time, support and resources they need not only to do their job well, but also to help define the way we do things more broadly. Together, we make big things happen (the Lexicon is just one example). But we’re also focused on the smaller things that make all the difference. And that’s as true for our employees as it is for our residents. We have strong teams and excellent manager relationships. Expert advice is there whenever you need it. Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
The Community Safety Team is a friendly and busy service which fulfils a crucial role within Bracknell Forest. Not only does it ensure that BFC fulfils its legal obligations by working closely with partners including police, fire probation, public health, the Lexicon, housing and the community to ensure that levels of crime (and fear of crime) are kept low, it also leads on preventing radicalisation, anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse, modern slavery and exploitation, violence, knife crime and hotspot locations.
Two days are never the same and there’s always lots to do but our work makes a real impact on lives and its hugely rewarding.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Provide valuable business and administration support to the team
- Support the Community Safety Partnership to deliver against its crime and disorder priorities
- Help with administrative tasks to do with the new Domestic Abuse Act 2021
- You will be supported with important training e.g. Safeguarding and GDPR
- Our friendly team will help you get settled and will guide you through tasks
The benefits you will experience are...
- Friendly, supportive team members
- Flexible working opportunities
- A demanding yet exciting environment
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership
- Fantastic IT equipment and support
- Passionate, motivated colleagues
- A cycle to work scheme
- Great management support
- An organisation to feel proud of
What we're looking for...
- A team player who understands how important it is to work together
- An adaptable, resilient organiser who is fully IT literate and competent
- A strong communicator who is respectful and confidential
- Flexible, adaptable and calm under pressure
- Passionate about community wellbeing and safety and having a genuine commitment to reducing victims of crime and disorder
Interviews will be held on 4th November 2021 via Teams.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Alison O’Meara
Job Title: Head of Community Safety
Phone Number: 0787 6676 335
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.