This is an exciting time for the Falkland Islands. Our thriving Islands community is entering a new era of economic and social growth thanks to the effective management of traditional industries such as agriculture and fishing and the increasing development in sectors such as tourism and hydrocarbons.
To help ensure that our judicial system is ready to support the next chapter in the Islands development we are seeking to appoint a new Senior Justices Clerk and Registrar (Head of Courts and Tribunal Services). This is a key appointment which will provide essential support to the professional judiciary of the Falkland Islands. The central responsibility is to ensure effective management of Courts administration with a focus on monitoring its efficiency, progress and quality. The post demands excellent leadership and influencing skills, political foresight and the ability to support, engage and motivate people at all levels.
To find out more about the work of the Courts and Tribunals access the website at www.courts.gov.fk
Applicants will have at least 5 years postgraduate experience as a Barrister or Solicitor (or equivalent in any Commonwealth Country or the Republic of Ireland) and at least 5 years’ experience in the Courts Service as a Clerk to the Justices, and/or be a legally qualified Clerk or Registrar to a higher court for a similar legal environment (or equivalent in any Commonwealth Country or the Republic of Ireland).
In addition, you will have experience in developing and/or maintaining systems processes and procedures relating to court administration. Importantly, you must also be able to develop and deliver training programmes to lay parties and other court staff in order that the clear vision of excellence we have for delivery in this field is translated into effective performance.
- Initial 4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement. Our preference is to offer the role on a fixed term contract basis for up to 4 years, we are also open to consider applications from those seeking a secondment or a position on loan terms
- Starting Salary £42,457 to £57,426; starting salaries will be dependent upon experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page. For further information regarding the position please contact Emma Fulton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +500 27271.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form.
Closing Date: 31 October 2021 23:00 UK time
Shortlisting to be completed: 12 November 2021
Interviews commencing: 29 November 2021
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link.