Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
As a Housing Options & Homeless Prevention Officer, you will manage your own case load and work with clients to assess their housing needs. You will offer housing advice to prevent homelessness and support clients to access a broad range of housing options.
The key responsibilities are:
* Delivering professional and responsive housing options advice
* Undertaking statutory assessments
* Managing a case load across housing options and homeless prevention
* Supporting and directing clients to access a broad range of housing options
* Ensuring statutory requirements are met
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships with private sector landlords, local managing and lettings agents
* Communicating effectively with customers, representatives, Elected Members and colleagues
* Identifying and suggesting any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for residents.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, highly motivated with excellent communication skills and have sufficient experience working within a Housing Options / Homeless Prevention / Homelessness Assessment / Resettlement Service.
We're looking for someone who can demonstrate a commitment to a changing environment, a willingness to learn and someone with excellent Customer Service skills.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.