Hours of work: Full-Time
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 18 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Maynards Green Community Primary School, Maynards Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21 0DD
Phone: 01435 812622
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Situated between Horam and Heathfield, Maynards Green is a successful and friendly, community primary school. Following the planned retirement of our longstanding and much-loved Deputy Head, the Governing Body is seeking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic professional to the post of Deputy Headteacher for our wonderful school from January, 2022.
We are a school with high ambitions for pupils and staff alike, and a clear and shared vision. Driven by our core values, we encourage independence, creativity and emotional intelligence and actively plan opportunities for the children to develop in those areas as we believe they are the key to helping children become life-long learners. We are looking for a leader who can support our team to bring these values to life in the classroom whilst advancing the learning for all our pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, committed and ambitious teacher and leader to join us on our journey to being a truly excellent school and to develop further their leadership skills towards a future Headship.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who is committed to excellence and inspiring others
• Have teaching experience across the primary phase
• Have a proven track record of raising achievement
• Have experience of leading others in a primary school setting and the ability to inspire children and colleagues alike
• Have high ambition for the achievement of every child in the school and for yourself
• Have excellent relationships with children and adults
• Be open to challenge, risk-taking and creativity
• Aspiration to a career in school leadership
We can offer you:
• A warm welcome and a vibrant and exciting place to work
• Happy, confident, well-behaved children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
• A forward-thinking leadership team who welcomes fresh ideas, honest values and a sense of teamwork
• A strong team of staff and governors who are supportive and care for each other
• A commitment to enable you to grow professionally and be part of a true learning culture
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.