Hours of work: 14 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 18 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Maynards Green Community Primary School
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Situated between Horam and Heathfield, Maynards Green is a successful and friendly, community primary school which encourages of a love for learning and has high expectations of every individual. Our school offers a supportive and caring environment and well behaved and highly motivated learners. The experienced and supportive staff team is friendly and committed to maintaining high standards.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Maynards Green for a SENCO or experienced practitioner willing to train as a SENCO to join our team as soon as possible.
We are looking to appoint a committed and passionate practitioner to lead the SEN provision within our amazing school. The successful candidate will administrate all aspects of the SEND role with some time allocation for delivering interventions as well as playing a key role in the child protection team.
Our school is driven by our core values and we are looking for someone who can support our team to bring these values to life in the classroom whilst advancing the learning for all our pupils. We believe that all children should be given the opportunity to learn inclusively within the classroom and are seeking a SENCO who can support our team of highly skilled and committed teachers and support staff to achieve this.
We are looking for a someone who:
- Has Qualified Teacher Status and the NASENCo Qualification or is willing to achieve NASENCo Qualification within the next 2 years;
- Has experience of working with a range of SEND pupils and their families;
- Is an excellent practitioner who can deliver who can deliver highly effective SEND leadership;
- Shares our belief that education is a partnership between pupils, teachers and parents/carers;
- Demonstrates commitment to high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour;
- Will thrive when they try new things and support others;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and recognises the importance of well-being for every pupil, family and staff member.
We can offer you:
- A warm welcome and a forward-thinking leadership team who welcome fresh ideas, honest values and a sense of teamwork;
- A strong team of staff and governors who are supportive and care for each other;
- Positive, well-behaved pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn;
- A commitment to enable you to grow professionally and be part of a true learning culture.
We are looking to appoint from November but there is flexibility in starting date for the right candidate. The role is ideally for 2 full days but is open to negotiation as we wholeheartedly believe in supporting flexible working.
If you would like to be part of the Maynards Green community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01435 – 812622 to arrange a visit or for an application pack. I look forward to meeting you and showing you round our vibrant and friendly school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.