Salary: £21,748 to £27,041 Per Year
In the Personal Budget Support Team we work with service users who live with a variety of challenges such as physical disabilities, learning disabilities, mental ill-health, old age frailty and cognitive deterioration, including dementia.
We provide ongoing support to Social Services clients in receipt of care, either by helping clients to manage their own care via the RBC Direct Payment scheme or via our RBC Managed Service.
We work with all client groups from Children’s Services right through to Older People, as well as professionals from other services and External Care Providers.
We pride ourselves on making sure people get a high quality service in a timely way and are looking for someone with the right skills, enthusiasm and drive. We work in a fast-paced environment where priorities are constantly changing so time management skills and adaptability are essential qualities we are looking for.
The role requires a person who is committed to working with vulnerable people ensuring they receive high quality and safe services.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated individual who has the desire to ensure that our vulnerable service users eligible care needs are met using quality, value for money services.
In this role you will be responsible for purchasing services required to meet our service users’ eligible care needs. You will need possess a good telephone manner and be confident in working with Care Service Providers and professionals such as Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Mental Health Teams.
Strong IT and numeracy skills are essential to this role, as is the ability to react to different priorities in your workload.
We work very closely with our colleagues in the Commissioning Team. You will be required to gather and analyse information regarding gaps in the market that can be used to inform service development in Reading.
You will have the benefit of working in a well-established and very supportive team. You will also receive regular supervision and training to help you develop your professional skills.
Previous experience of working in a similar role would be desirable however not essential as training will be given.
You will be working from home and from the office but these days will be arranged between you and the manager.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
• Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
• Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
• A wide range of flexible working opportunities
• Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
• Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
• On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
• Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
• Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
• Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Interview date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
A Standard Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.