Building Control Technical Officer
Epping Forest District Council – North Weald & Epping offices
36 hours per week
28th September 2021
We are looking for an extremely well organised and efficient individual to provide technical and administrative support to the Building Control Team.
The successful applicant will need to be a great team player, customer focussed, outcome driven and an excellent communicator.
The main duties are:
- To provide technical advice and deal with general enquires promptly and in a courteous and helpful manner requiring an excellent telephone manner.
- To receive and log notifications from contractors and arrange for Building Control Surveyors to inspect sites.
- To maintain information, record and filing systems in a satisfactory and up to date manner and to make any changes required.
- To administer invoices, make and receive payments for Building Regulations applications.
- To liaise with other Local Authorities concerning applications made through the LABC Partner Authority Scheme.
- To track applications to ensure notices and decisions are issued within statutory timeframes.
- To support the Building Control Surveyors and Team Manager in all areas of service delivery.
The Building Control system in England is currently under review and proposed changes will require all officers involved with the service to meet and evidence competency in their field.
A willingness to undertake further professional development and assessment is essential, for which you will be fully supported.
Please note that although this role benefits from flexible working arrangements (subject to meeting the needs of the service), the role will be predominantly based at our North Weald or Epping office locations.
For an informal chat about the position please call the Building Control Team Manager, Paul Smith, on 01992 564216.
Closing Date: 28th September 2021
Epping Forest District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.