Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) we are seeking a Support Officer to work within our Human Resources (HR) team where you will have the opportunity to work across all parts of the council.
WSCC is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. The Human Resources and Organisational Development Directorate provides critical support functions to our services, relentlessly focusing on delivering better and cost-effective outcomes. Our teams use their experience to enable and challenge the Council to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness. Come and join our fast paced, dynamic Human Resources function, working together as one team to provide an outcome focused service to our colleagues here at WSCC.
For more information of WSCC please visit our WSCC website.
About The Job
Salary: £20,092 - £20,493 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract: Fixed Term (12 Months)
Location: County Hall, Chichester
This is a fixed term opportunity for 12 months to cover the secondment of the current postholder. In this role you will work as part of a HR Business Partnering team, with a Senior HR Business Partner, HR Business Partners and Advisers to provide HR administrative support. You will also work with the wider team to respond to generalist HR enquiries and provide support with other HR activities such as organisational change programmes and employee relations cases.
Experience and Skills
To be successful you ideally will have a background or experience working within a HR function, but you will have a desire to learn, develop and make a difference. You will be a pragmatic and organised person who can manage day to day HR support and administrative activities. You will have good listening and IT skills and will be able to produce accurate notes from meetings. You will also have excellent customer service and communication skills together with the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, analyse data and provide useful information.
In addition you will also be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience.
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills, with ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to communicate clearly and concisely with others.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office to produce data and information in a clear and meaningful way, including Outlook, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to manage business and employee information with confidentiality, discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines and objectives, balancing competing demands and priorities with the minimum of supervision.
- Able to identify new ways of working, generate solutions and support change.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Relevant NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or equivalent level of experience. CIPD level 3 is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an administrative role preferably within an HR environment.
- Experienced at providing basic advice and guidance to managers on general enquiries.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to 23 days annual leave, as an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00519.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Daisy Doyle (Senior Resourcing Advisor) at .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.