Salary: £28,672 to £32,234 Per Year
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Adult Social Care for a Social Worker with 1-2 years post qualifying experience with Social Work England registration to join the Locality Team.
Locality Team is a busy, supportive and friendly team, were we can guarantee each day will be different whilst working with people of all ages and backgrounds and their families and carers.
Our aim is to promote and maintain independence involving the supported person to have choice and control over what matters to them in their lives using a strength-based approach.
About The Role
The successful candidate will undertake Care Act assessments/reviews for people already receiving services from Reading Adult Social Care; completing Safeguarding Adult investigations and working with the Mental Capacity Act will be an integral part of the role.
The role involves working with adults with a broad range of needs including people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people and supporting people with substance/alcohol misuse. It also involves providing information, advice and support to Carers.
The team consists of Social Workers (mixture of newly qualified social workers, social workers, experienced social workers and Senior social workers), Social Care Coordinators and Occupational Therapists.
We work closely with our colleagues in Adult Social Care and within Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
Having access to a car or having a driving license is essential for this role.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Regular Supervisions, appraisals and excellent opportunities for CPD including BIA/LPS training.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
To learn more, please contact Lynn Edinborough firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday-Wednesday) or Naveen Pulluru, email@example.com Assistant Team Managers, Locality Team.
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021
Interview date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.