The Governors of Kew Woods Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic and caring Teaching Assistant to work with and contribute to our successful and hardworking team. It is a fixed term post to work with a child on a one to one basis, while funding is available. You may be working with a child that may involve personal care. The successful candidate will have: • Relevant qualifications and experience suitable for working with children of primary school age and Early Years Foundation Stage. • An ability to work as part of a close and friendly team of Class Teachers and other Teaching Assistants. • A high level of patience and understanding. • Enthusiasm and passion about working with children to support their needs and help them reach their potential. • Excellent basic skills in literacy, numeracy and good spoken English.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to support the care and welfare of children;
- Will regularly report on pupil progress and will contribute to observation and assessment;
- Can work effectively as part of a team, has excellent communication skills and is committed to building positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff;
- Able to support pupils who have complex special needs.
We will offer you:
- A caring, happy school with a pupil centred ethos for learning;
- Well behaved, aspiring pupils who are keen to learn and whom take pride in their school;
- A highly committed staff who are very willing to help each other, share good practice and work together as part of a team.
As an employee of the school you will have a responsibility for and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
Due to the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate must be able to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure (via the Disclosure & Barring Service DBS) in order to be appointed to the post.
Interview: Tuesday 28th September 2021.