Job Title: Digital Services Senior Support Engineer
Location: Predominantly working at home (Occasionally based Hertford with travel throughout the County)
Salary Range: £34,788 pa progressing to £38,813 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Are you an experienced Senior Support Engineer or Applications Manager or Database Manager or Application Developer or Database Administrator or Senior Support Technician? We are looking for Engineer / Technician with experience of looking after and developing 3rd party applications and databases. You will be responsible for:
- Supporting all CPD and FC users, applications, infrastructure and databases and ensuring that all service level agreements are met in a timely manner
- Work and liaise with users, 3rd party providers, stakeholders and other team members to resolve technical issues and problems which have been escalated to you
- Gathering user requirements and specification for new applications, infrastructure, communications equipment
- Ensure support documentation and disaster recovery plans are kept up to date
- Responsible for carrying out root cause analysis and putting in measures into place to ensure that issues do not happen again.
- Assist on procurement and tenders
- Manage small pieces of project work within timescales and within budget.
Working within the Community Protection Directorate (CPD) of the Hertfordshire County Council (HCC), Digital Services (DS) team of the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (HFRS). CPD includes the following departments Trading Standards, Herts Resilience, County Community Safety Unit and HFRS. CPD is the lead authority of Fire Collaboration consists of Hertfordshire, Humberside, Lincolnshire and Norfolk Fire and Rescue Services.
Digital Services support all applications, IT infrastructure and communications equipment for Community Protection Directorate (CPD) and Fire Collaboration (FC). Which Includes: In house and 3rd Party software, Microsoft technologies, Windows Servers, SQL Servers and clusters, Data replication, PowerShell, System Centre, Office suite, Hyper V and clusters, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, mobile data terminals, mobile phones, pagers. This also includes mission critical application and system support for the HFRS 24x7x365 days for the purpose of mobilising fire engines and personnel.
Digital Services also have a continuous replacement programme of applications and systems, IT infrastructure and communications equipment for CPD and FC you will be involved in gathering user requirements and creating specification, assisting in procurement and implementing new infrastructure and communications equipment. Alongside supporting the above
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change within a fast-paced environment. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
For an informal discussion about any of these roles, please contact Mark Green on 01992 507599.
Closing date: 4th October 2021
Interview dates: 11, 12 & 13 October 21021
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.