Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, the Falkland Islands benefits from a great quality of life in a safe environment, good work life balance, a strong sense of community, unique wildlife and the close proximity of South America.
The role of Director of Emergency Services & Island Security covers a diverse range of disciplines, all of which are key to the safety and security of our community. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing senior leadership to all appropriate government personnel, agencies and authorities (including key personnel in the private and voluntary sectors) to assist in safeguarding the Islands’ readiness in relation to emergency preparedness and Islands’ security, by ensuring adequate planning, resourcing, training and exercise activities are carried out as necessary and adequately maintained by such personnel.
As the Government’s strategic lead for Emergency Services you will report directly to the Chief Executive, and be a member of the Government’s Corporate Management Team. As with any top tier leadership role you will need strong influencing skills, political awareness, the ability to lead and to actively engage and motivate people across of range of service disciplines.
This is a real opportunity to help shape a range of critical Government Services and make a real difference across our communities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to the equivalent of first-degree level in a relevant subject matter or at least 10 years equivalent experience;
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or equivalent experience;
- Have no less than 10 years relevant managerial or strategic planning experience in matters relating to public safety, security, emergency services and emergency response in a multi-disciplinary organisation;
- Have significant experience in the effective management of major emergency incidents; and
- Experience and evidence of working effectively in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment and coping with changing priorities and pressures.
- Fixed Term Contract of up to 4 years.
- Salary Range - £94,951 - £105,275 per annum. Starting salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 41 days paid annual leave, (inclusive of government and public holidays).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and any recognised dependants accompanying you to post
- Government Housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
Please note, successful applicants with Falkland Islands Status/PRP will be employed on local terms and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
If you recognise yourself in this description, have a sense of adventure and a true desire to make a difference, this is the job for you! For more information and to apply online, please visit our recruitment website: www.jobs.gov.fk.
To discuss the post in more detail you can contact the Chief Executive, Andy Keeling, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling: +500 28450.
it is anticipated that the successful candidate will take up position in mid 2022.
Applications close at 12 noon UK time, Friday 15 October 2021.
If you have any questions about working for the Falkland Islands Government or would like further information about applying, you can find contact details at the above link. Applicants seeking secondment or interchange opportunities are welcome to apply.