Job Title: Waking night Senior Support Worker
Location: Isabel Court, Walton Road, Hoddesdon EN11 0LQ
Salary: £20,903 – £25,481 plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WORKING WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS.
Isabel Court supports adults with Learning disabilities in all aspects of their day-day living. We are looking for someone to join our team who is a firm believer in developing independence skills and offering choices.
We also have a 3-bedroom short break flat for adults with learning disabilities. The flat is adapted with hoists for wheelchair users. The short break unit is regulated by CQC.
Nearest Bus Stop: Cranbourne School or Whitley Road (Routes 310 & 410) Please follow this link for route information: https://bustimes.org/services/310-waltham-cross-hertford & https://bustimes.org/services/410-waltham-cross-cheshunt-broxbourne-hoddesdon-ha
Nearest Train Station: Rye House, Greater Anglia, 0.5m, 9 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/live-departure-arrival-boards/RYH
About the job:
- Manage and lead support workers and domestic staff by offering supervision in line with PMDS policy ensure all staff have full positive inductions. Assist with staff training.
- Manage the waking night rota on a day-day basis chasing agency.
- Provide care detailed in Service user plans follow and implement Service user plans to enable individuals to live as independently as possible.
- To liaise with day staff to ensure continuity of service attend day staff meetings.
- Assist people with personal care while promoting independence dignity and respect.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities. Hold an RQF/NVQ 3.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to HCC policies and procedures
- Good understanding of legislation relating to Adults with Learning disabilities
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Ranj Virdee or Jill Hetherington on 01992 468 652
Closing date: 16 September 2021
Interview date: 27 September 2021