Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Isabel Court, Walton Road, Hoddesdon EN11 0LQ
Salary: £19,312 - £20,903 (£10.01 - £10.83) plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WORKING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS INCLUDING SLEEP INS
Isabel Court supports adults with Learning disabilities in all aspects of their day-day living. We are looking for someone to join our team who is a firm believer in developing independence skills and offering choices.
We also have a 3 bedroom short break flat for adults with learning disabilities. The flat is adapted with hoists for wheelchair users. The short break unit is regulated by CQC.
Nearest Bus Stop: Cranbourne School or Whitley Road (Routes 310 & 410) Please follow this link for route information: https://bustimes.org/services/310-waltham-cross-hertford & https://bustimes.org/services/410-waltham-cross-cheshunt-broxbourne-hoddesdon-ha
Nearest Train Station: Rye House, Greater Anglia, 0.5m, 9 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/live-departure-arrival-boards/RYH
About the job:
Flexibility with hours are most important in this post shift would consist of 3/4 hours a day with a mixture of early and late shifts to suit the needs of service.
•To support people in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence using a person centred approach. This may include assisting individuals with personal care assisting with cooking, cleaning, and all daily activities.
•Promote good practice and attend formal supervision in line with the performance Management and Development Scheme. To undertake all required mandatory training.
• Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording.
• To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans and HCC policy.
• Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
• The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults. Promote dignity and respect
• Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
• Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support. Committed to work within HCC policy and procedures.
What we can offer you:
• A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
• We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
• Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
• Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Ranj Virdee or Jill Hetherington on 01992 468 652
Closing date: 16 September 2021
Interview date: 24 September 2021