Salary range: £36,708 - £39,867 p.a. inc.
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Civic Centre and other locations from time to time
An Excellent Opportunity...
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent’s diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
In the role as Capital Programme Management Officer within the Capital, Treasury and Commercial Team, you will take primary responsibility for the key processes that underpin the successful delivery of the Council’s multi-year capital programme. We have an ambitious £700m multi-year capital programme and have recently developed a capital pipeline. This will include significant investment in new housing, school’s expansions, roads and highways, major regeneration schemes and the funding of our housing company i4B Holdings Ltd.
You are expected to take responsibility for key activities such as:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance for Capital, Treasury and Commercial
- Supporting the governance, management, monitoring and identification of risks across the Capital Portfolio
- Create and promote continuous improvement and effective delivery of the capital programme and actively promote the integration of functions within the capital programme board and sub-boards with the wider finance community
- Maintain a central projects record and co-ordinate the production of regular reports on projects, spend to date, project changes, programme risks and update forward plans.
- Acting as they key advisor across all project portfolios within the capital programme and supporting the effective communication and integration between project teams, stakeholders and various sub-boards.
- In depth knowledge of project and programme management best practice within a local authority/public sector environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of practical and effective risk and change management and experience of database management
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work with colleagues at all levels and experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Individuals should be driven and motivated with strong project management, governance and financial reporting experience
Full details are provided in the attached job description and person specification.
Closing Date: 27 September 2021 (23:00)
Brent Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this and therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community. We positively encourage all applicants to self-identify their characteristics in the diversity survey section in the application.
We are committed to safer recruitment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should be aware that posts working with children, young people and vulnerable adults are subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Brent has a positive approach to flexible working.
As a disability confident employer Brent welcomes applications from people with all disabilities, including hidden disabilities and mental health conditions. We will interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential criteria. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to any part of the recruitment process due to your disability, please contact us on email@example.com. Please note the information you provide will be treated fairly and confidentially.
Please note CVs will not be considered as part of your application for this position.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.