Customer Services Advisor
RG3/4, scp 8-17
£20,493 - £24,491
23-month Fixed Term Contract
37 hours per week.
We are looking for a friendly, customer orientated individual to join our Customer Services Team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this could be the job for you. Please note that we like to bring people in to the team at the start of the salary banding. If you have applied for this post in the last 3 months you don’t need to apply again.
About the role
Your role will be varied and you will deal with a range of enquiries face to face, over the telephone, by email and text messaging. You will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service by giving accurate and up to date advice
- Understand the needs of customers and handling difficult situations in a sensitive way
- Use several systems to input and extract information, so experience of using a variety of computer packages is desirable
You will ideally have previous experience of working in a customer services environment or call/contact centre, together with good keyboard and IT skills and an ability to deal courteously and sensitively with enquiries and complaints.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th Sept
Interview Date: 22nd, 23rd, 24th Sept
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.