Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a Fixed Term Contract for up to 12 months.
The salary will be pro-rata to 30 hours per week.
Would you like the opportunity to earn while you learn and work for London's second largest Borough? We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic applicant for our Apprenticeship Programme, specialising in ICT.
At Hillingdon Council, we recognise that there are many paths to a career in the public sector and we are eager to develop your skills and guide you through to the next level. Our programme invites you to bring your unique skills and experience to our organisation, and promises to challenge you. No two days at Hillingdon are the same and you will complete your apprenticeship with the confidence to tackle any role. Gain the experience and qualifications sought by future employers to push your CV to the top of the pile.
The successful applicant will receive on-the-job training across a range of council functions, gaining the experience and ICT skills required to stand out from the crowd.
This role will offer successful candidates an incredible opportunity to gain experience of working in ICT and ensuring that services delivered meet the needs of our residents. If you are looking for an exciting career with lots of variety, then this is an ideal path for you!
You will study to achieve a Level three Infrastructure Technician qualification.
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship programme. Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we want to hear from you!
To find out more about our Apprenticeship schemes visit www.hillingdon.gov.uk/apprenticeships
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.