Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents.
The London Borough of Hillingdon ICT department delivers high quality ICT services and digital capabilities enabling us to continue providing excellent services to our Residents.
About the role
The ICT team is looking to appoint an experienced first line ICT Service Desk Agent to work on our Service desk.
As part of a fast paced, motivated team you will be working on our ICT Service Desk which is the first point of contact for ICT issues and queries for all council employees. It is a busy and often demanding role within an excellent working environment and a friendly team.
This role is predominantly office based although occasional visits to a user's location will be required. You will assist users with a wide range of Incidents & Service requests via telephone, self service and face to face.
You will be working on a rota basis covering the hours of 8 - 5.30 working days i.e. Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
The Service Desk Agent will have a broad range of experience and skill in software systems.
You will be an excellent communicator, with an ability to maintain a positive, client focused image whilst working determinately to resolve requests and incidents.
You will be an individual who is capable of working effectively alone, and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ICT support & troubleshooting background (Incidents & Service Requests).
- Experience in various ICT technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An understanding of ITIL best practices.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and working practices.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.