A Male Mental Health Enablement Officer
Scale 5 £25, 137 - £27, 483
The Mental Health Enablement Service
Location: Bush Hill Park, Enfield
Enfield Council’s Mental Health Enablement Service works closely with people who have severe and enduring mental health support needs in order to improve their ability to live independently and participate in the community, as well as improve quality of life and well-being.
Working mainly 1:1 in people’s homes and in the community, we provide short-term intensive support to achieve a range of agreed and personalised outcomes. Our work includes resettlement and outreach work, and support to access opportunities in employment, education and leisure. Another part of the Enablement Service is the Drop In, which offers advice, information, advocacy and support, and community links.
We require a male worker to allow us to provide a service to people requesting male workers, and to those for whom an allocated female staff is deemed inappropriate due to risk of abuse. This post is exempt from the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1) which provides for the application of a genuine occupational requirement.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team, and induction, supervision and training will be available.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 23rd September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com. If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Elizabeth Onyechere on 020 132 0337 or or Bosede Kareem on 0208 078 2825 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.