Staff Engagement Officer
(fixed term for 18 months)
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by the culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Staff Engagement Officer to join our People’s Programme team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
We have recently launched our ambitious People Strategy 2021-2025 and are work closely with our staff to help shape the delivery and bring to life our values.
We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents and staff succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
As Staff Engagement Officer we are looking for an individual that has outstanding communication skills and is people focussed. You’ll support the People Programme by effectively communicating it’s key delivery across the organisation in order for staff to feel fully informed and engaged. As part of a team, you’ll enable staff to engage at a level that’s right for them and deliver great customer service and build strong working relationships.
Great interpersonal and communication skills, with a real understanding what great engagement looks like. A confident communicator and a multi-tasker comfortable managing a busy and varied workload.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Effective writing and editorial ability that can translate on paper, screen and face to face communications
- Ability to work at pace, creating good quality content, plans, and ideas to a high standard
- Good understanding of communication channels and methods including social media
- Able to build trust and manage relationships at all levels
- Assertive, proactive and confident in working with stakeholders
- Experience of change communication
- Experience of working directly with senior colleagues
- Experience/knowledge of campaign management, delivery, and development, working across events, marketing and media
- Experience in evaluating and reviewing internal communications
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal chat or any further information, please contact: Eva.email@example.com