Hours of work: 30 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: End date to be confirmed
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Jarvis Brook School
Hadlow Down Road
Phone: 01892 653033
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Teaching Assistant - Jarvis Brook School
Jarvis Brook School is a happy and harmonious place, where we put our children at the centre of all we do. If you are a caring, creative, child centred individual we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a full time member of support staff to join our successful school. Experience is not as important as having the right attitude and approach to working with our children! There will be opportunities to work across both the main school and pre-school.
It is desirable to have a NVQ 2/3 in Childcare and Education or relevant equivalent qualification.
You will be required to:
Support for Pre-school:
- Prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote each child’s physical, intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- To implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and their carers.
- To be a key worker for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording each individual’s development. To support unqualified nursery assistants in the implementation and evaluation of children’s planning and progress
Support for our students:
- Contribute to the health and well-being of our children
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual children and groups
- Be an effective role model for children’s behaviour
Support for teaching colleagues:
- Assist with classroom resources & lesson preparation materials
- Contribute to the management of children’s behaviour, both in the classroom and on the playground, as required
- Provide support for learning activities
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment for children and staff
- Assist in the presentation of display materials
- Support teaching staff or senior colleagues with routine administration
Support for the school:
- Contribute to the maintenance of children’s safety and security
- Provide lunch cover duties
- Recognise and work to confidentiality, Child Protection procedures, Health & Safety, and all the school’s policies
- Be involved in extracurricular activities (e.g. clubs, activities, trips, open days, presentation evenings)
- Assist with special activities in the school within school hours (e.g. sports days, plays, concerts, open days)
- Work in collaboration with the Headteacher to help make Jarvis Brook the very best it can be!
Please write in your application how you are able to fulfil the above and include any relevant experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact the school office by email for an application pack or visit the school website.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.