We are seeking to appoint a Senior Midday Supervisor to manage and lead a team of established Midday supervisors. Our children are friendly, open and enthusiastic and we need people with similar qualities to care for them and engage with them at lunchtimes. The hours are 11.30am to 1.30pm five days per week.
Paid weeks per year: Term Time
NJC Spinal Point 6 (£10.21 per hour)
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
Key Responsibilities will involve:
• To lead, organise and supervise the Midday Supervisor throughout the midday break.
• Assisting in any school based training activities for Midday Supervisors
• Liaise with the Cook Supervisor for the smooth service of the meal.
• Deal with children’s behaviour problems and report persistent unruly behaviour and any serious incidents to the Head Teacher or senior member of staff
• Deal with accidents and report, on the form provided, and notify the Head Teacher in cases of illness and accidents as soon as possible that day.
• Supervise the administering of pupil medication.
• Ensure that the overall arrangement for students to dine promotes an orderly and pleasant meals service
• Supervise return of used crockery and cutlery by the children
• Ensure that dining areas are left clean and tidy
• Ensure that tables are left clean for the next occupant.
• Arrange supervision to allow movement amongst the children within the area covered.
• Minimise the likelihood of children hurting themselves, others or damaging property
• Supervising pupils in classrooms during bad weather
Please feel free to come and visit us. To make an appointment ring 01273 770082 or
St Andrew’s is fully committed to safeguarding our children. The successful applicant will be required to go through the DBS vetting procedures and individual references will be taken up before appointment is confirmed
Closing date: 23rd September
Interview date: Week commencing 27th September
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Belfast St, Hove, BN3 3YT, email: email@example.com.
School Office: (01273) 770082
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.