Hours of work: Full-time teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: 9am, Friday 01 October 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St Thomas a Becket Catholic Primary School, Tutts Barn Lane, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 8XT
Phone: 01323 737 221
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a class teacher to join our Key Stage 2 team in September. The post is in our Year 3 class to cover the maternity leave of the current teacher.
If you are creative and innovative in your approach to teaching and learning, and are self - motivated, we would love to hear from you.
We are a large, welcoming and inclusive, Primary School located on the beautiful South Coast, with 474 children currently on roll. Our values are an inclusive “Catholic, Coastal, and Diverse” approach to all.
We are very proud of our school grounds and building, with staff and children showing dedication to caring for our classrooms, communal areas and displays of work.
At St Thomas a Becket Catholic Primary School, our intention is that our curriculum extends opportunity, raises aspiration, opens children’s eyes to Jesus and God’s love and the world beyond their immediate environment, enabling them to live happy, healthy and productive lives and inspire them to become lifelong learners.
We aim to build resilience and encourage a positive growth mindset amongst our children as it is often through mistakes we learn the most.
Everyone at St Thomas a Becket follows the Eight Learning Characters which encourages our children to:
• Don’t give up
• Be cooperative
• Be curious
• Have a go
• Use your imagination
• Keep improving
• Enjoy learning
We are seeking a teacher who is inspired by our vision and would relish the opportunity to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Consistently good, but ideally outstanding, practice
• Commitment to getting the best from children by setting high expectations, and to inspire excellence through motivation and challenge
• Commitment to continued professional development both as an individual and as part of our staff team
• A collaborative approach as a team player, and highly conscientious with excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to contribute towards supporting the wider work of the school
• Energy, enthusiasm, resilience and a positive outlook to ensure engaging learning experiences for the children
• Have the ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing, with strong organisational, planning and follow – through skills
We can offer:
• A vibrant, exciting, broad and balanced curriculum
• Children with passion and enthusiasm for learning
• A wonderful working and learning environment, with fantastic outdoor spaces, and exciting development projects in place
• A friendly, caring and supportive staff team
• A strong and supportive Senior Leadership team, with a range of skills and experience
• An experienced and committed Governing Body
• Engaged parents and a thriving Coastal, Catholic and Diverse community
• Excellent relationships with our Local Parishes
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and our school appeals to you, we encourage you to get in touch via our school office.
Salary scales will be dependent on the skills and experience of each candidate. Unfortunately, this post is not suitable for NQT's / ECT's.
The closing date is 9am on Friday 01 October 2021 and Interviews will be held on Tuesday 05 October 2021.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.