Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 1 October 2021 at 12 noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
St John's C E School
School Lane, St John's, Crowborough, East Sussex
Phone: 01892 661189
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Are you an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher with leadership experience who wants to further develop their professional skills by becoming our Deputy Headteacher. If so you could be the person we are looking for to join our friendly and popular school.
As the new Deputy Headteacher of our school you will:
- Benefit from the strong support of the Headteacher and Governors.
- Be supported in your Leadership journey with a genuine commitment to work/home balance
- Lead a team of amazing staff and work with our fantastic pupils.
The ideal candidate:
- Will raise achievement and deliver excellent academic outcomes.
- Can model excellence in the classroom.
- Has the potential to a significant impact on the quality of teaching and learning.
- Be highly effective at managing pupil engagement and behaviour
- Have the initiative, energy and enthusiasm to enhance community development opportunities
- Be able to evaluate and improve their impact and effectiveness
- Will have the ability to teach across all Key Stages and have a class commitment initially with a wonderful year 6 class.
- Will have a commitment to our exciting programme of trips, visits, visitors and extra-curricular activities as well as residential visits to extend our high-quality teaching and learning opportunities for the pupils.
- Be in empathy with our status as a Church of England Primary School.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and exciting place to work
- Happy confident children who are willing to learn.
- A friendly and dedicated staff
- Supportive, well informed Governors
- Dedicated leadership and management time
If you are interested in starting 2022 off by becoming our new Deputy headteacher we would love to hear from you. Application forms and further information are available from the school. Visits are warmly welcomed, please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
Interviews week beginning 11th October 2021.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.