Job Title: Team Leader
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: £27,741- £30,451 plus Market Forces Payment £1500 pro rata (non-contractual) * subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week
-THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS-
Are you someone is experienced in working with people with learning disabilities and looking for an opportunity to progress your career? We are looking for a Team Leader to join the management team at this Supported Living Service in WGC.
Are you an enthusiastic leader with the ability to oversee the day to day running of a service that offers supported living to adults with a learning disability? Are you someone who thrives off making sure the people we support, live in an environment that promotes independence and self-advocacy? If so, we would love to hear from you. This role is a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills and a fantastic platform to develop your career further.
About the job:
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the Performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to junior staff – assuming the role of ‘shift leader’ or ‘shift coordinator’.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support, through developing, implementing and reviewing individual support plans in conjunction with service users.
- You will be required to work flexibly within our service and must be able to undertake shift work, including weekends and bank holidays and sleep in duties.
- An NVQ, QCF or RQF Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in care is essential to this role, and you will be encouraged and supported to undertake an RQF Level 4 qualification.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential to this role, as you will be required to liaise with social workers and families and other professionals involved with the people we support.
- Previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities and knowledge of safeguarding and mental capacity policies are essential.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with the people we support, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of vulnerable adults.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team.
- A commitment to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Karen Evans on 01707 395871 or Linda Dutton on 01707 338702/391354
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interview date: TBC
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.