Job Title: Teaching Assistant for Educational Support for Medical Absence (ESMA)
Location: St Albans & Dacorum / Watford, Three Rivers & Hertsmere
Salary Range: £19,698pa - £20,903pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent - Term time only
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Would you like an opportunity to support Hertfordshire delivering better outcomes for children unable to attend school for medical reasons?
The Educational Support for Medical Absence (ESMA) is an educational teaching service for children with medical needs, which sits within Access and Inclusion, part of the Integrated Services for Learning (ISL) portfolio within Children’s Services. ISL is a multi-disciplinary service comprising of SEND Specialist Advice and Support services, Access & Inclusion Services, Educational Psychologists and Statutory services.
Within the service, there is a vacancy for a TA post for the Educational Support for Medical Absence (ESMA). The post holder will:
- report to the ESMA Senior Teacher for ESMA
- provide support to teachers and students in the management of students' learning; attendance and behaviour
- assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil (s) assigned to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them in either group teaching and / or on school site (s) across West Hertfordshire
- support the ESMA Teacher (s) in the group teaching provision on a Monday and Friday from 9.30-1 in Hemel; Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30-1 in Shenley and Wednesday from 10.30-1 in Hemel
As part of Integrated Services for Learning (ISL) the post holder will work closely with schools, health professionals and other agencies to ensure children absent from school for medical reasons are provided with the best possible education and supported to return to school when appropriate.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant with experience of Classroom Support with Key Stage 3/4 students and good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills.
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Bramley, Lead Teacher for ESMA 01442 453812.
Closing Date: Midnight 19th September
Interview Date: 28th September
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes