PERMANENT: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £28,672 to £31,346
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and capable individual who is interested in using their professional skills and knowledge to help us deliver a high quality Planning Enforcement service.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they have planning experience and are able to apply Planning Policy and Legislation on a range of matters and will be a confident self-motivated professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can effectively and efficiently deal with a range of reported planning breaches; draft reports on appropriate courses of action; service notices; progress matters and instigate legal action where and when necessary.
As part of the Development Management team, you will play an important role in investigating and resolving cases of alleged breaches of planning control. This will involve making site visits, undertaking site surveillance and conducting interviews where necessary. You will prepare reports, documents and evidence in connection with cases for Planning Committee, appeals and legal proceedings and give evidence.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the posts, please contact Angharad Williams on 07816 362520