Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting a Lead Programme Delivery Counsellor to work within our Emotional Health and Wellbeing Programme.
If you're passionate about supporting Hillingdon's families to achieve their full potential, and have the skills required to support children, young people and parents to develop new abilities and skills, then this is an ideal job opportunity for you!
The Emotional Health and Wellbeing Programmes unit supports family members who are experiencing, or affected by, emerging issues in relation to emotional wellbeing. Our services are delivered by a team of counselling practitioners who deliver a range of therapeutic support activities that address mental health on a preventative and early support basis.
As a Lead Programme Delivery Counsellor, you'll work within a small team of specialist practitioners delivering targeted services, and have the opportunity to deliver an effective therapeutic programme offer, including individual counselling and group-based support services. You will receive a competitive salary, opportunities to progress, and a wide range of training that you can use to inspire Hillingdon's families to progress, prosper, and enjoy!
Work patterns include daytime, twilight and evening shifts between 10:00am and 9:30pm, and may include periodic weekend and residential activities. The salary advertised will be pro-rated.
We're looking for a dynamic and inspiring person, willing to commit themselves to the delivery of our programmes in Hillingdon. You will be an experienced counselling practitioner with at least a Level 4 Diploma qualification and be a member of a professional counselling body, for example BACP. You will be confident in the delivery of individual and group-based therapeutic activities, and able to see the potential in everyone you work with.
The successful candidate will also hold, or be working towards achieving, a qualification in Clinical Supervision.
If you have the ability to work in a therapeutic context with adolescents, young adults, and adult parents, and you're a flexible team player, you'll find this an exceptionally rewarding way to use your skills and experience.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.