Job Title: Team Leader
Location: St Michael’s House, 71 Holwell Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 3SF
Salary: £27,741- £30,451 plus Market Forces Payment £1500 pro rata (non-contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 30 hours per week
-THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING / SLEEP-INS AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS-
Are you someone who is experienced in working with people with varying disabilities and looking for an opportunity to progress your career? We are looking for a Team Leader to join our management team at St Michael’s House Short Break / Enablement unit in Welwyn Garden City.
This role is a great opportunity for you to showcase your skills and a fantastic platform to develop your career further.
Are you an enthusiastic leader with the ability to oversee the day to day running of a service that offers a short break or enablement to adults with a physical / learning disability?
Are you someone who thrives from making sure service users are supported in an environment that promotes independence and self-advocacy? If so, we would love to hear from you.
About the job:
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the Performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to junior staff – performing the role of ‘shift leader’ or ‘shift coordinator’, administering medication, carrying out personal care tasks and moving and handling were required.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support, through developing, implementing and reviewing individual support plans in conjunction with service users.
- Be responsible for specific areas of the job – for example: training / medication / monitoring sickness or health and safety.
- You will be required to work flexibly within our service and must be able to undertake shift work, including weekends and bank holidays and possible sleep in duties.
- An NVQ, QCF or RQF Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in care is essential to this role, and you will be encouraged and supported to undertake an RQF Level 4 qualification.
- As a short break unit, you will be responsible for holding planning meetings with families to determine suitability for the service, this could be at St Michael’s or from a hospital setting.
- We support people throughout Hertfordshire, and we deal with a wide range of Social work teams / Hospital teams, and referrals from the community teams, therefore, the ability to communicate effectively with other professionals is essential.
- Managing the service in the absence of the Manager and or Deputy Manager.
- Understanding and implementing risk assessments in all elements of the service.
- Representing the service in professional meetings, such as safeguardings, project groups, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential to this role, as you will be required to liaise with social workers and families and other professionals involved with our service users.
- Previous experience of working with people with physical / learning disabilities and knowledge of safeguarding and mental capacity policies are essential.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Always be aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of your application you will be required to complete a full supporting statement (approx. A4 size) including specific examples, which details your suitability for this role based on the requirements in the attached job outline.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Karen Matthews or Joanne Gear on 01707 281475 or Hilat Ozcan on 01438 844 435
Closing date: 20th September 2021
Interview date: W/C 27th September 2021