Job Title: Senior Support Worker - Male Only
Location: Bushey Meadows and Bushey Flats - Little Bushey Lane, Bushey WD23 4JP
Salary: £20,903 – £25,481 plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria
Hours: 37 hours per week – Shift working (Some weekends & Bank holidays)
This post is only available to male applicants as permitted under the Equality Act 2010
Bushey Meadows and Bushey Flats is a Hertfordshire County Council supported living scheme, providing 24-hour support. At Bushey Meadows / Flats we are proud of supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities to give them the platform to leading independent lives. We help them to get the most out of life, with day to day activities such as planning meals and finances to accessing community activities and employment, as well as being there to listen. We also monitor People’s Mental Wellbeing and work collaboratively with a wide Multi-disciplinary Team. In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals in life.
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence, within a safe environment.
- Promote good practice and provide formal supervision in line with the Performance Management and Development Scheme to nominated junior staff and give day to day guidance to junior staff – assuming the role of ‘shift leader’ or ‘shift coordinator’.
- Undertake medication duties, including administration and recording, and where appropriate supervise junior staff in this task
- To be responsible for co-ordination of service users finances/handling money in line with support plans.
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support, through developing, implementing and reviewing individual support plans in conjunction with service users.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have either gained NVQ/QCF level 2/3 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards an RQF level 3.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Becky Young or Lastone Mliswa on 0208 421 8065
Closing date: 20 September 2021
Interview date: 5 October 2021