Support Children in Care and improve their lives.
Bracknell Forest is keen to improve the lives of Children in our Care. We are looking for sessional contact workers who are willing to give up some of their time to support contacts with the children in care.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- The Contact Worker is expected to observe the interaction between the adults and the child/children and to record this on the document specifically for that purpose.
- Good understanding of child development and attachment issues.
- Contact Workers are required to be able to transport the children in their own vehicles from the carer’s home to the Family Centre. Evidence of business insurance will need to be provided by the employee before employment is confirmed.
- Good standard of English is required along with accurate recording.
- Good understanding of safeguarding issues.
The Local Authority is required to support contact with children who are in the Local Authority Care. These contacts have to be supervised to ensure the safety of the children while in their parents' care. Contacts usually take place between Monday and Friday between 9.00am – 5.00pm and each contact is usually one to two hours. A rota is provided for all staff on a monthly basis so that they are aware well in advance of work allocation. Sessional workers will be expected to communicate their availability with the rota manager on a regular basis.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask us any questions about the role please contact:
Name: Karen Chalcraft
Job Title: Family Safeguarding Team 2
Phone number: 01344 351403