Are you a technician with experience of providing technical sound support in a stage environment? Do you have a good knowledge of Health & Safety practice including first aid, manual handling, electrical safety and working at height? Then read on!
We are looking for an enthusiastic technician to join our hard working and fun team. The Harlequin Theatre and Cinema is a premier entertainment venue for the Reigate and Banstead boroughs, providing a packed programme of latest release Cinema, Theatre, Musicals, Live Events, Comedy, Business Facilities and a host of other activities split across our two performance areas and a number of function rooms.
You will be responsible for working with incoming production teams on all aspects of their production and providing assistance with the maintenance and hire of equipment for both cinema and live events. You will also attend meetings both with internal departments and external production teams as and when required by the Technical Manager.
About the person:
- You will have previous technical experience, preferably gained in an arts environment, which may include all or a combination of stage, cinema and corporate function
- Ideally you will have knowledge of Beringher, Allen & Heath and LD control products
- You will have experience with live events that requires multiple amplifications
- You will have good knowledge of or a willingness to learn aspects of theatre including but not exclusive to stage management, lighting design & operation, sound design and operation, cinema projection
- You must have proven knowledge of best Health & Safety practice, including but not exclusive to: First Aid, Manual Handling, Electrical safety and Working at Height
- You will have a flexible attitude to working hours incorporating the need to work evenings and weekends, both of which are frequently required in the position
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 26 September 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.