Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-Time, Term Time Only
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021
About the role
We are looking to appoint an experienced and highly versatile individual to manage an area catering for some of our most challenging students in our Internal Exclusion Centre. The successful applicant will have a real opportunity to shape this facility and have a positive impact on the academic and social progress of students who may need alternative provision to their normal curriculum for short periods of time. Working closely with curriculum leaders and pastoral staff the successful applicant will ensure that the curriculum is delivered to students during their time in the facility, and that learning is not missed as a result.
The successful candidate will support students who have been internally excluded. This will involve providing work for students in order to maintain their current grades and levels while they have been referred; using different strategies to help modify student behaviour in order to promote good behaviour for learning when they return to mainstream lessons and identify and plan an intervention programme to support the repeaters referred to the Internal Exclusion Centre.
If you are flexible, supportive and understand the needs of children and young people, we would like to hear from you. You should be able to develop a range of strategies to promote a good attitude to learning in and around the school.
The successful candidate will join the Student Support Team and report directly to the Senior Assistant Headteacher (SAHT) for Behaviour and Attendance. You will have the drive and intent to secure school improvement; have a creative and innovative approach and an ability to embrace and promote change; be enthusiastic and determined to support the school in its continuous drive in improvement.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD including leadership development.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
If you decide to apply for this post, please use the information provided and your own expertise to complete the application form, which can be downloaded from our website at www.ratton.co.uk/about-us/vacancies and return to Mrs Barrow, Executive Assistant SDLT, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Mr Anderson, SAHT, at email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept CV’s
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.